Our Vision, mission, objectives and strategy
OUR CORE VALUES EMBRACES HUMANISM: HUMAN RIGHTS, HUMAN DIGNITY, HUMAN POTENTIAL, HUMAN REASON, AND HUMAN FREEDOM
Humanist orphans Kenya is a nonprofit making, legally registered humanist organization with the Kenyan government, whose main aim is to react to the challenges that affect children in Kenya and Africa. The organization aims at providing support to vulnerable children, orphans, poor households, children suffering from Albinism and families affected by the scourge of HIV/AIDS; through supporting education, health, and nutrition. On top, the organization promotes and defends the freedom of conscience and expression, and the rights of all people to get equal opportunities in the society.
Specific Objective: To provide support to the disadvantage children in the society in order to improve the quality of life. Its overall goal is to promote humanism, science, free Inquiry, skepticism.
Vision: To create a society that gives hope for a better sustainable livelihood to under privileged children and families of poor rural communities.
Mission: To reduce and/or eradicate illiteracy, poverty, and diseases to improve lives of the neediest children and build an empowered, self-sustaining society that has hopes for a better future in rural communities.
The long term strategic aims of Humanist Orphan are:
- Create a system of educating vulnerable children up to College level.
- Have a sustainable feeding program for the orphans
- Establish and maintain a resource centers in the Rural
- Look towards sustainability of our programs through income generating activities
- Create a society that appreciates a reading culture through Libraries
- Defend human rights and the rights of humanists
- To build a strong and effective organization
- Engaging the community through capacity building